Who we are
Our website address is: https://therooftop.es.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and clients. This policy sets out how therooftop.es or (“therooftop”) uses and protects any information that you provide when you use this website or consume our services.
therooftop is committed to ensuring that your privacy and valuable data are protected at all times and in proportion to its sensitivity. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this policy.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy has been effective since 2015.
WHY THIS POLICY EXISTS?
This policy describes how personal data and privacy is managed and protected to meet our own data protection expectations as well as comply with:
This policy outlines therooftop’s commitment to:
- Comply with data protection law and follow good practice.
- Protect the rights of clients and site visitors.
- Maintaining transparency about how we store and process individuals’ data.
- Protect itself and its data subjects from the risks of a data breach.
WHAT WE COLLECT:
In the course of normal business operation we typically collect information such as
i) Website visitors:
- Transient information about your visits to and use of our website. Which may include visitor ip address, ip geographical location, browser type and version inferred from the webpage requests metadata as well as operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths;
- Information that you voluntarily provide to us for the purpose of:
- general enquiries via our contact form,
- use of any of our online tools which require a registration process which covers names and email address.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER:
Information we gather via our website or directly from our clients we use to understand their needs and provide a better service. In particular:
- To maintain analytics information about our website visitors statistics and which pages they visit on our website.
- To maintain records of any online assessments that our customers may have voluntarily opted to use through our online tools.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
At present our website uses local Google Analytics cookies for the purpose of analysing website visitors statistics. The cookies used are i) _gat; ii) _gid; and iii)_ga. Descriptions of those cookies can be found <here>. The cookies are First Party and contain only anonymised identifiers. Website visitors can disable the cookies via their browser if they so wished without any loss of functionality.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. To outline some of the measures we use:
- Stringent logical access controls. Including use of strong authentication mechanisms and strong passwords.
- Use of application firewalls to protect the website.
- Regular review of system security configuration.
- Regularly updated Anti-malware controls on website systems and end-user devices.
- Implementation of need-to-know principles.
- Staff awareness and vetting.
- Careful selection and use of web hosting supplier that complies with EU / US privacy shield regulations and is independently audited.
- Regular data backups of systems.
- No storing/porting of client data on any personal portable storage media.
- Periodic technical testing of our website and its subsystems to ensure ongoing uphold of security posture.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES:
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR INFORMATION:
This part is simple in our case. We DO NOT and WOULD NOT illicitly sell, share, disclose or lease your personal information to any 3rd party whatsoever.
If you have any concerns about your data or believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible through our enquiry form in the contact page on this website. We will promptly address any concerns or observations.